Aamir Khan in new avtar for Tata Sky`s TV commercial

“Though I played a punjabi character in Rang De Basanti but this is the first time as a sardar full on.”
As an actor it’s challenging for me to try and play with my age. I am playing a sixty year old sardar for the new Tata Sky campaign…So you know the get up, all the make up for the eyes…trying to age the face…For an actor its always interesting and fun to play roles which not your own self.
I have played all kinds of characters before but never a Sardar. Though I played a punjabi character in Rang De Basanti but this is the first time as a sardar full on. When you have to get into a lot of make up, with the turban and the beard….I hate this beard as there is a lot of gum on them its very irritating …but you gotta do it when you gotta do it.
Initially I did get irritated because I have to put this body suit etc…But once I put it on and I look at myself, I get excited… when I see myself looking like this other person, then I forget the discomfort. Besides the irritation I am very particular about the wig being right and then I look at myself and I feel very happy, specially when the product comes out right.
Tata Sky is a brand I am extremely comfortable associating myself with because of the kind of standards it believes in..in terms of the quality and service it offers and what the brand Tata Sky stands for.

0 comments: